The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Aug 21st, 2019, 9:10pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Trade Secret Forum
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Website Idea
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Website Idea  (Read 2802 times)
JimIvey

jamesdivey  

Re: Website Idea
« Reply #5 on: Sep 6th, 2007, 9:52am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

on Aug 27th, 2007, 11:56pm, Gotrobbed wrote:
If it really is NOT just your idea, doesn't the other person actually deserve something for their contribution?

Okay, now I have to call out the big guns.... Clint Eastwood!

Quote:
Deserve?  Deserve's got nothin' to do with it.

-- Unforgiven

We can all debate what's right and what's wrong, but right and wrong are only loosely approximated by the law.  I'd be happy to debate right and wrong, but being a moral relativist (yes, boo/hiss), there are no short answers for me.

As far as the law goes, you typically have to get past right and into wrong by a safe margin before a court will stop you and set things right.  Courts try not to mess with things that are close calls.

So, the essence of what we discuss here is what you have to show to a court (or an examiner) to prove that you are far enough from the middle grey area that the court (or examiner) will take action on your behalf.

For what it's worth, I chose a JD (law degree) over an MBA based on ethical grounds.  I have too many scruples to be a good business person.  What does that mean to someone concerned with morality in the marketplace?  The limiting factor for the behavior of others is likely to be the law, not their respective consciences.

Regards.
IP Logged

--
James D. Ivey
Law Offices of James D. Ivey
http://www.iveylaw.com
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »