The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 20th, 2019, 1:23pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums
   Other
   Education and Law Schools
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Law School
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Law School  (Read 3017 times)
Ellamenta

Law School
« on: May 20th, 2004, 6:45pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Can anyone with a background in IP Law advise me on Columbia vs Fordham vs Cardozo? I know Columbia has a better overall reputation, but what about regarding IP Law? Is Cardozo's IP Law program exculsively focussed on entertainment law? What about technology? Does Fordham enter into the picture at all?
IP Logged
Dave41

Re: Law School
« Reply #1 on: May 21st, 2004, 12:44am »

You can do some research (get used to researching) that will help you make an informed choice about which school best suites your needs and desires. You should visit each school's website and look at the different programs, specialities, classes, etc. that each has in the IP area. Each school probably has a list of classes that it offers (look for recent schedules that include classes actually offered). Contact each school and ask if you can speak with the IP director or an IP professor who can answer more of your questions.
Finally, look for a school with a student body and a community that is compatible with you.
IP Logged
highheels
« Reply #2 on: Jul 15th, 2004, 4:47pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi! Have you decided on a school yet?  I have an LLM from Fordham and took some IP courses taught be excellent professors so I would recommend it.  Im considering getting another LLM at Cardozo.  Have you heard anything about their IP LLM program?
IP Logged
Compugeake

« Reply #3 on: Feb 8th, 2007, 6:13pm »

IT IS NOT EVEN A QUESTION - COLUMBIA IS THE WAY TO GO.  

Ive notice a concern from many individuals about specific rankings in IP coursework v. overall.  

when ur in the 1st two tiers always go to the better overall ranked school....especially if its ranked over 10-15 places higher - without question.  

Most schools offer course in all areas of IP - Patent, TM, and Copyrights.  

When firms come to interview second year, all they care about is the school your at (highest overall ranking) and where you individually rank within your class.  

No employer would rather take someone from a 50 over a 3 (everything else being equal, even if the IP ranking is higher)
IP Logged
Pages: 1  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »