The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Dec 6th, 2019, 1:27am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Litigation
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Contest a Patent
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Contest a Patent  (Read 7668 times)
Whitemouse

Re: Contest a Patent
« Reply #5 on: Apr 7th, 2007, 9:09pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

You sure seem to have a very negative attitude.  They explained everything to me.  I know a provisional patent application will never turn into a patent, but it does give you the patent pending rights for 12 months.

For someone who has been doing this for 15 years it appears you don't read and comprehend to well.
IP Logged
Whitemouse

« Reply #6 on: Apr 7th, 2007, 9:10pm »

on Apr 7th, 2007, 8:18pm, biopico wrote:

Well, all of your documents (dated and signed) can serve as evidence of your conception for your invention.  The date of conception is very important to determine priority.  

Thank you.
IP Logged
JSonnabend

Email

« Reply #7 on: Apr 8th, 2007, 6:23am »

"Patent pending rights"?  Ok, you clearly know more about this than I do, because I've never heard of such a thing.

One final question (not that you've answered any of the previous ones): if this firm is so well qualified, why are you asking questions of strangers here and not asking your "attorney"?

Good luck in your pursuits.

- Jeff
IP Logged

SonnabendLaw
Intellectual Property and Technology Law
Brooklyn, USA
718-832-8810
JSonnabend@SonnabendLaw.com
Whitemouse

« Reply #8 on: Apr 8th, 2007, 9:10am »

on Apr 8th, 2007, 6:23am, JSonnabend wrote:
"Patent pending rights"?  Ok, you clearly know more about this than I do, because I've never heard of such a thing.

One final question (not that you've answered any of the previous ones): if this firm is so well qualified, why are you asking questions of strangers here and not asking your "attorney"?

Good luck in your pursuits.

- Jeff

As I stated before, I have only gone as far as doing the patent search and am waiting for the prototype to be finished. A website for a virtual prototype.

Please tell me that you are joking about Patent pending?

I came here to ask my question since it is a forum.

I had no idea my question was going to be so difficult to answer.

I could have sent the patent office a disclosure as a proof of evidence of date of conception or I could have used a scientific numbered note book with NOTARIZED and witnessed pages.  I could have sent myself a registered letter and never opened it until I was standing in front of a judge, however, I did not wish to do that.

In my opinion I feel the fax and hard copy mail and email which all have dates should be of equal evidence and that is all I am asking, your opinion of me being ripped off by the marketing firm is not relevant, if they do then I will take action against them.

Thanks
IP Logged
Wiscagent

« Reply #9 on: Apr 8th, 2007, 9:21am »

"I paid for the provisional patent ... they won't pay my application fee to the patent office until ..."

They won’t pay your application fee right now (for whatever reason), suggesting that they have written and have a ready-to-file patent application.  Have you read and reviewed the patent application?  Jeff Sonnabend offered his services, perhaps you should have him take a look at the application.  If you haven’t been provided with a copy of the application, I suggest that you request one.
IP Logged

Richard Tanzer
Patent Agent
Pages: 1 2 3 4  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »