The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
May 23rd, 2019, 7:49pm

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Inventors
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   ABC's American Inventor
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: ABC's American Inventor  (Read 2790 times)
artichokemom

Re: ABC's American Inventor
« Reply #5 on: Nov 15th, 2005, 12:31pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

I was so excited about AI until I started reading postings about what a bad idea it was because of the way the rules and regs are written.  Do you think doing a show like AI is better than not doing anything at all? On the other hand, I don't want to ripped off and I want to believe that a show that would be "under the miroscope" wouldn't take advantage, but it happeneds everyday.  What I really want to hear about is the audition process.  I know it started yesterday or today in LA, that would be interesting to know about.
IP Logged
Mark Freeman-Aloiau
« Reply #6 on: Nov 16th, 2005, 9:11pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Roll EyesI attended auditions in LA on Monday Nov. 14th.  What do you want to know?

Mark
IP Logged
Lisa Edge
« Reply #7 on: Nov 20th, 2005, 10:26pm »

I too am interested to hear about the auditions. How was it? Crowded? Long wait? Crazy? how were the judges? Like Simon? How many were there? How long did you have to pitch your idea?  Your overall feeling after the audition? Was it good, bad ugly? Thanks in advance.
IP Logged
Mark Freeman-Aloiau
« Reply #8 on: Nov 23rd, 2005, 10:36am »

It was crowded.  I am guessing about 400 to 500 people auditioning.  The instructions said you couldn't get ther before 6am and nothing would happen until 8am.  I got there at about 6:30am and was one of the last people to audition the first day.  Others were told to return the next day.  I arrived at 6:30 am and was done at 7:00pm...  yes a long wait.  99% of that time was waiting.  4 or 5 judges all very nice.  rules say you have 2 minutes to pitch your idea, but they weren't strict about that.  

I think it went very well for me.

IP Logged
Dan O
« Reply #9 on: Nov 25th, 2005, 3:06pm »

Would you suggest trying to get there earlier than 6am?  Thanks.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »