The Intellectual Property Law Server

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register.
Jul 19th, 2019, 4:44am

Forums Forums Help Help Search Search Members Members Calendar Calendar Login Login Register Register
   Intellectual Property Forums

Patent Agent/Lawyer Careers
(Moderators: Forum Admin, JimIvey, JSonnabend)
   Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (future?)
« Previous topic | Next topic »
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print
   Author  Topic: Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (future?)  (Read 2944 times)
Amrish

Email

Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (future?)
« on: Aug 31st, 2006, 1:17am »
Quote Quote Modify Modify

Hi All,

I have done my Masters in Pharmaceutics from DIPS&R (Delhi Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences and Research, formerely known as College of Pharmacy), Delhi University, India.

I have also cleared the exam of Patent Agent  and currently pursuing LL.B. From Faculty of law, Law Center-1, Delhi University, India.

I am currently working with a leading IPR law firm based in Delhi as a Patent Technologist. Its been about One year experience.

Please advise what is my future in IPR or as a Patent technologist if i look out for foreign countriesHuhHuh?

What are the formalities required to look out for options outside IndiaHuh?

What are the chances in USHuhHuh What are the exams i have to appeared forHuh??

Will my masters degree, patent agent with experience in India mattersHuhHuh?

What are my chances on finishing Law from hereHuh??

I request you all to please share your views ,guide me and suggest me ways how can i utilizes my resources best in order to move out from India Huh

Hoping of reply from all. thanks alot in advance
IP Logged
chemist001

Re: Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (futu
« Reply #1 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 3:12pm »

regarding becoming a registered patent agent in the US: you have to pass the patent bar exam by USPTO. Currently the rules to appear for that are very strict for foreign nationals. you have to be working in USA on an H1B visa (unless a permanent resident) and your visa has to be directly related to IP prosecution work.
IP Logged
Amrish Tiwari
Thanks
« Reply #2 on: Aug 31st, 2006, 10:55pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Her chemist001, thanks a lot for your valuable advise.

It indeed has cleared one major doubt,

Can u please advise as patent technologist carrier is better than research scientist or not?? will it pay off in long runHuhHuh??

I m confused as almost all my colleages are working with leading pharma company as research associate or scientist, should i shift to reseach or notHuhHuh??

thank in advance.
IP Logged
shivaswrath

Re: Masters in Pharmaceutic and Patent agent (futu
« Reply #3 on: Sep 12th, 2006, 3:32pm »

I'd stay in India and work things out there, don't bother coming here because the proficiency required for reading and writing English is in the favor of a native speaker.  . . . .and you'd need to pass the Patent Bar exam here AND already have  a visa, which would be impossible to secure from a law firm since the applicant pool here is already pretty dense with agents with PhD's and the such. . .

good luck!
IP Logged
hpvin
Appearing for a patent agent exam on a H1B
« Reply #4 on: Oct 16th, 2006, 12:39pm »
Quote Quote Modify Modify Remove Remove

Hi,

I have a fulltime Engineering job in Upstate NY and I am on a H1B visa. My greencard process is going on with my spouse and the EAD is expected by Jan\Feb of next year. I'd like to appear for the patent agent exam by USPTO now and start working as a Patent agent as soon as my EAD arrives. Is this a possible action? Can I appear for a patent agent exam while being on H1B and may be provide proof of EAD application?

Thanks!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2  Reply Reply Send Topic Send Topic Print Print

« Previous topic | Next topic »